New administrator features in PassSecurium™
We are constantly working on improving our PassSecurium™ password manager, including the business version. In the first quarter of 2023, our development team has been actively implementing new administrative features that enable better adherence to corporate security policies.
Now the administrator can manage permissions for different types of users and devices in a more flexible and granular way, as well as configure notifications.
1. Access right management. This feature allows an administrator to control the following permissions for:
- Users: password export / import;
- Managers: password export / import, user management, viewing the activity log.
Restricting certain types of actions can reduce the chance of errors and misuse.
2. Access management for user clients. This feature helps to enable / disable preferable clients through which users can access PassSecurium™ password manager: browser extension, mobile, browser.
If corporate users have a certain type of device, then prohibiting other types of login will reduce the risk of unauthorized access.
We also remind that in the "Client Management" section of the administrator settings, an administrator can also revoke access tokens for individual devices or users to terminate their sessions immediately.
3. SMTP server setting. An administrator can specify corporate SMTP server for sending system notifications.
If company policy requires the use of an internal SMTP server for correspondence, notifications from PassSecurium™ to end users can be sent through this server.
4. Additional verification steps when an administrator enables global two-factor authentication (for all users of an instance) include checking that the administrator has 2FA enabled and verified so that they do not lose access to the instance.
All of the above features are either already in the "Settings" menu section for users with the administrator role, or will appear with the next PassSecurium™ release!